- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-08-21 On 21 August at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-08-22 On 22 August at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a session of the Seimas
- 2019-08-22 On 22 August at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the 30th anniversary celebration of the Baltic Way at the Government
EU member states must strengthen their transatlantic partnership, not strategic autonomy, says L. Linkevičius in Luxembourg
On 17 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg.
The Council discussed the situation in Moldova, the implementation of the EU Global Strategy, ways to improve the effectiveness of the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP), and issues of Sudan and Jordan.
EU foreign ministers were joined by defense ministers during a comprehensive discussion on the 2016 EU Global Strategy. As regards the EU Global Strategy, the Minister stressed that Lithuania advocated for closer transatlantic cooperation, the EU-NATO partnership, and increased attention to hybrid threats. EU member states should take strategic responsibility for stepping up security and ensuring compatibility with NATO.
“We have to invite third parties, especially the U.S., to join the EU’s structured cooperation in the defense sector. EU member states have to act very responsibly and avoid harming the transatlantic relationship. We need to take responsibility for each and every initiative and carefully weigh them,” said the head of Lithuania’s diplomacy.
Photos: Council of the European Union