- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Linkevičius discusses bilateral cooperation with the new Moldovan Ambassador
On 14 May in Vilnius, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the newly appointed Ambassador of Moldova Serghei Mihov and discussed the bilateral cooperation between Lithuania and Moldova, as well as Moldova's domestic affairs.
Lithuania's Foreign Minister emphasized that Lithuania strongly supported Moldova's European reforms, but the success of reforms depended on the country‘s efforts to implement them. “It is important not only to carry out reforms, but also to properly inform the people of Moldova about the ongoing work done by the Government. The visa-free regime, the benefits of the EU-Moldova Association Agreement are not to be taken for granted - those are Moldova's major achievements and the general public has to be informed about them,” said Lithuania's Foreign Minister.
The Ambassador of Moldova thanked Lithuania for lending consistent support to Moldova and noted that he planned to devote special attention for the development of bilateral economic cooperation.
Serghei Mihov has worked in the Moldovan diplomatic service since 1998. Prior to his appointment as Moldova's Ambassador to Lithuania, he held various positions in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Moldova and served at the Permanent Representation of Moldova to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg.
On 8 May, the new Ambassador of Moldova presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė.