- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister congratulates Macedonia on Independence Day
On 8 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated the Foreign Minister of Macedonia Nikola Dimitrov on the country’s Independence Day and wished the people of the country every success and prosperity.
In his letter of congratulations, the Foreign Minister highlighted that Lithuania strongly supported Macedonia’s efforts to achieve Euro-Atlantic integration and to implement all the necessary EU reforms. “Lithuania is ready to share its experience with the country and to contribute to the successful implementation of reforms in Macedonia,” said Linkevičius.
The head of Lithuania’s diplomacy invited his Macedonian counterpart to visit Lithuania in order to strengthen friendly relations between the two countries.
Macedonia declared its independence on 8 September 1991. Lithuania and Macedonia established their diplomatic relations on 11 July 1995.