- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
- 2018-10-18 On 18 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is welcoming participants of the Eastern Partnership Youth seminar at the Foreign Ministry
Minister Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Belgian Ambassador
On 9 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius bade farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Belgium to Lithuania Colette Taquet, who resides in Warsaw.
In the meeting, Lithuania's Foreign Minister thanked the Ambassador for a significant contribution of Belgium to the strengthening of the Baltic states' security, continued participation in NATO's air policing mission, and welcomed the good bilateral relations between Lithuania and Belgium.
"We appreciate the solid role of Belgium in strengthening the Baltic states' security. The country is a reliable and long-term partner within NATO, permanent participant of the NATO air policing mission in the Baltic states," said Linkevičius.
This year, the Belgian Air Component will guard the airspace of the Baltic states for the fifth time and for the fourth time of Lithuania.
According to the Foreign Minister, our successful bilateral relationship with Belgium will continue to develop. Lithuania and Belgium maintain an intensive economic and business relationship, which is steadily growing. Lithuania also successfully co-operates with the Flemish region and the Walloon region in the areas of innovation, transport sector, culture, education, and tourism industry.
Linkevičius also congratulated Belgium after its election on 8 June 2018 as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for the term 2019-2020.
View more photos on MFA’s Flickr account.