- 2019-02-21 to 2019-02-22 On 21-22 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in an Informal Meeting of Trade Ministers in Bucharest
- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
- 2019-02-22 On 22 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Prime Minister of the Hessian State Volker Bouffier in Frankfurt
- 2019-02-22 On 22 February at 11:00 a.m., the Press Conference by the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Prime Minister of the Hessian State Volker Bouffier
- 2019-02-22 On 22 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the opening of the Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Frankfurt
New possibilities for Lithuania-Armenia cooperation discussed in Yerevan
On 9 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with representatives of the Armenian authorities and non-governmental organizations at the Ministerial Conference of the International Organisation of La Francophonie in Yerevan. Meetings with the Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan, the Speaker of the National Assembly of Armenia Ara Babloyan and the Foreign Minister of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan focused on recent developments in Armenia, the country's cooperation with the European Union, the situation in the South Caucasus, and other relevant issues.
The government in Armenia has changed after peaceful demonstrations and discussions on holding parliamentary elections are continuing. In this context, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister called on the Armenian politicians to ensure a transparent and democratic electoral process that would be regarded as credible and trustworthy by its participants and voters.
As regards the EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement that entered into provisional application on 1 June 2018, the Minister called on the Armenian leadership to seize new opportunities for implementing reforms, which would have a positive impact on the Armenian people.
"We support Armenia's aspirations and evolving closer cooperation with the EU, and we are ready to share our experiences in enacting reforms in such important areas, as the fight against corruption, the reform of the judicial system, renewable energy, and others," said Minister L. Linkevičius at the meetings.
During his visit to Yerevan, the head of Lithuania‘s diplomacy also met with young leaders of Armenia and discussed Lithuania's experiences of NATO and European integration. Linkevičius also congratulated the local Lithuanian community on its first anniversary.