- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
- 2019-02-21 to 2019-02-22 On 21-22 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in an Informal Meeting of Trade Ministers in Bucharest
- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
Traditional Snow Meeting to discuss topical international security issues
On 10-11 January, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania is organizing the 12th Snow Meeting. The informal meeting will bring together Lithuanian and foreign security policy experts to discuss major challenges facing the transatlantic community today and responses to them.
The Latvian, Slovakian, and Ukrainian Foreign Ministers – Edgars Rinkēvičs, Miroslav Lajčák, and Pavlo Klimkin – will attend the event. The traditional meeting has taken place during the second week of January since 2008.
The meeting will discuss ways to maintain a strong transatlantic link and to strengthen NATO, which plays a major role in contributing to the Alliance's collective security and celebrates its 70th anniversary in 2019. The focus will be on the Russian threat and response measures. A separate session will discuss EU initiatives of closer cooperation in the field of defense.
A total of about 100 high-ranking diplomats, advisers, parliamentarians, experts from analytical and research centers, as well as international and security policy experts from about 15 countries, NATO and EU institutions will also attend the meeting. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius will open the event.