EU funded Twinning Project
Advancing the Capacities of the Market Surveillance Agency of Georgia
Twinning number: GE 21 NDICI EC 01 23
Is seeking to recruit Language Assistant to the Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA)
Duration: 21 months (indicative start date: October 2023)
Position is based in 8, Politkovskaia str., Tbilisi, Georgia.
Gross monthly salary: 1.500 EUR
Contract type: fixed term service contract.
The RTA Language Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
Tasks of RTA Language Assistant:
- Act as a language assistant to the RTA and assist visiting short term experts.
- Translate written materials with relation to the project in Georgian and English.
- Interpreting during missions, meetings, workshops, seminars, trainings and other project events.
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships with Beneficiary Country officials involved in each of the activities and the project management.
- Performing all other duties assigned by the RTA, e.g., cooperate and work with RTA Assistant in daily management of the project related activities.
Requirements for RTA Language Assistant:
- University degree.
- The RTA Assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration Market Surveillance Agency of Georgia.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language and Georgian language.
- Experience in translation of legal acts (competition law – an advantage), interpretation during similar theme events.
- Computer literacy (e. g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
The following skills will be considered an asset for RTA Language Assistant:
- Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA Assistant and/or Language Assistant in a Twinning project.
- Communication skills.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Knowledge of the German, Polish and Russian languages;
- Team player.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a letter of application in English by 4 September, 2023 via e-mail to the following addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]. Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview. The date and place of the interview will be additionally indicated to the shortlisted candidates.
For any further information please contact Ms. Reda Rekašienė, e-mail: [email protected].
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Lithuania, represented by State Consumer Rights Protection Authority (SCRPA) of the Republic of Lithuania together with Central Project Management Agency (CPMA), Germany, represented by Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), Poland, represented by Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK), Georgia, represented by the Market Surveillance Agency of Georgia.
The project implementation will last 21 month.
The purpose of the project is to support a further effective fulfilment of the obligations prescribed in the EU-Georgia Association Agreement (AA) / DCFTA and Energy Community Treaty in the field of Market Surveillance.
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Georgia, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of contract concluded with the CPMA and RTA.